The Fort Johnson Volunteer Fire Company was established in February 1935. In the past three-quarters of a century, it has grown to accommodate two stations, eight trucks and specialized equipment to serve the Village of Fort Johnson as well as part of the Town of Amsterdam. FJFC is committed to providing a superior level of emergency service that continually improves the quality of life, health and safety of the citizens we serve. That goal is achieved through deliberate planning, adaptability and the courage to embrace challenges and opportunities.
Read more about our history here.